Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Take me to the river


One of the big highlights of the campout for me was introducing Benjamin to the river. This is the Cowlitz, which starts on a glacier on Mt. Ranier. BRRRR! At first he was more impressed with the rocks, which he wanted to eat, but then he did seem to notice the water. (Maybe it was when I took his shoes and socks off and shoved his tiny feet in. Its hard not to notice that.) At first he picked his feet up and curled his little toes in, trying to get out of the water, but then he decided it was more important to walk, and walked in the river and on the rocks of the river bed (holding my fingers, of course.) His balance and walking is getting a lot better.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hard concentrating, furrowed brow of the third from the bottom photo....

wenmei said...

The one where Loren is holding him upside down is classic!

Loren said...

Jammy Fish!

Anonymous said...

haha, agreed with wenmei...the upside down Benjamin fish one is awesome. It made me laugh out loud. Quite a catch!

Anonymous said...

I loved the one of his tiny feet on the rock-left toes curling.