Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shoulder wrangler

Benjamin got his first successful shoulder ride at the campout this weekend. It was hilarious. Apparently this has been tried before, and he was too floppy for it to work. Now that he is a big strong balancey guy, its much better. He thought it was the funniest thing ever. He just kept laughing. I couldn't stop taking pictures, because he was just so happy and entertained by the whole thing. Was it funny to be so tall? Funny to be above dad's head? Who knows. But clearly it was very funny. They were having so much fun that I wanted to try, which did not go so well. Loren cleverly had a hat on, to protect his head from the killer death grip claws. Not so much for me. The ride lasted for about 30 seconds of extreme hair pulling, long enough for me to smile for the camera and then start shrieking get him off me. The ride with dad did also provide some good opportunity for Benbino to brush up on his plant identification skills. He studies leaves very, well, studiously.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos!! Is that the coat you were looking for?? Thanks for last night (and don't read that with your Joey voice....)

Clementine said...

Looks like baby benbino found the holders on daddy (or I think we call them ears) VERY cute!!

Anonymous said...

cute photos!

Anya and I have the same shoulder-wearing relationship that you and Benjamin do. Chris can carry Anya for quite awhile happily on his shoulders. But the minute she's on my shoulders, she pulls my hair and squeals (and I yelp) and I have to immediately get down on the ground to get her off of me; otherwise my hair would come off with her little hands. I don't know how they manage it hat or not.