Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family Campout

The Matlick family campout was this weekend, and I have so many good photos that this will have to be a post in installments. The photo of the kids on the swingset at the campout gives a feel for the size of this event - there were 81 people there, and I can off the top of my head think of at least 12 that would normally go that weren't there. This is not a small family. You will notice that Benjamin gravitated towards the lovely blond 17 year old for the photo, (front and center, standing to next to the green slide) and that Maisy elected herself as the representative campout dog for the picture. (There were 3 golden retrievers, 3 mini dachsunds, 1 rottweiler, and maybe some others that I am forgetting.) We only went down for the day, which I think was brilliant, in terms of not having to sleep in a tent with a squawky baby. Except that I did get to take a nap in a tent with the squawky baby, which was great. He is getting to be so big and grown up now, that he never wants to snuggle with me. There was no real place for him to nap though, so I layed down with him, and we took a nap together, which was great. The air mattress was almost completely deflated, so it was like sleeping on hard ground with air mattress boarder all around me. But still very nice. And it has the added bonus of these photos, which make it seem as if Benjamin has actually been camping.

1 comment:

wenmei said...

Look at the size of that family! And those are only the kids! Do you think they'd notice if I snuck in and pretended to be part of the family too? I'll wear sunglasses so you can't tell I'm Asian. Either that, or I'll make up a story like, "Don't you remember when Uncle George adopted that Chinese baby girl 35 years ago?"