Monday, August 11, 2008

ECO baby!

Welcome Emmett! Hillary had her baby last week on Wednesday, and I have been totally remiss in not posting since then. Emmett Cramer Ogg (ECO!!) was born in the afternoonish Seattle time, weighing in at 7 pounds and 6 or 7 ounces. (so my memory is not that great. Whatever.) He was 3 weeks early, which was a big surprise, but is the perfect size, and healthy and all that, so that was a happy surprise. No one really enjoys those last 3 weeks of pregnancy anyway. He has all kinds of nice dark hair, and is just beautiful. He has a very funny little squwaky cry, I can't even describe it. Not a regular baby cry. Almost like a cat. I think he may be trying to speak to the dachsunds. Judith, Madelyn, Benjamin and I went on a road trip to see the young laddie, taking off for Missoula on Friday night, and heading back on Monday morning. It was tons o' fun, and I'm really glad we went. Madelyn did an awesome job of entertaining Benito in the car, and leaving on Friday night really helped with the whole sleeping in the car thing. We stayed at the hotel across the park from Hillary and Mickey's, which was great. It was a block from their house, they had a pool we got to swim in, and we got to sit on hotel beds and eat ice cream and watch the Olympics, which was super fun. (Judith and I could so be synchronized divers.) Hillary and Mickey were still in the sort of dazed and confused parent stage, pretty tired, but doing great. Judith did a photo shoot of Emmett and the family, so check her blog for fabulous photos soon (Auntie Cookie link). Emmett is so tiny and cuddly, it is very hard to imagine that the great lurchy beast that is Jammeroo was ever that small. I know, total cliche. But it is so true. I wish we had a better photo showing the boys size differential, but really, Benjamin is so squirmy and flaily, and Emmett is so teeny, that I was kinda too nervous to put them next to each other in a photo. But we do have this one, which I love, because it so captures the moment. Hillary is engrossed in beautiful tiny infant, and Benjamin is blurry and trying to escape. Who would have ever thought we would have made it from high school to this? The mind boggles.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Omigod - that made me all teary. I'm so glad (such a lame word!) that you all made it over here to meet our little man. Words obviously can't express how much it meant to me that you guys made the trip and that we're still friends all these years later. ECO and BAM will rock together!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you -