Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Zoo, Revisited

We spent the morning at the zoo with the whole Fernstrom gang: Judith, John and their three little Fernies, and Caj and Amy and Cooper, the newest Fernstrom. And my mom was their as the zoo pass holding sponsor of the whole trip (Thanks mom!). We saw bears and jaguars and eagles and a baby gorilla and hippos and flamingos and lions and tigers and all kinds of cool stuff. Benito was largely unimpressed with the whole thing. He spent most of the time asleep. And when he was awake, we would be standing literally 3 feet from a five hundred pound grizzly, and I would be pointing right at it, babbling like an idiot, "look at the bear!! Can you see the bear?". The answer was largely, no mom, I have no idea what you are talking about, I don't see anything. Or alternatively, yeah, so, its a bear. Big deal. Show me something worth looking at. Geez. Picky kid. He did like the goats though, mainly because he got to pet them. I love how serious and interested he is in the goat photos. He is definitely taking it all in. Little crib scientist. Anyway, fun times were had by all. I think in a few more months the zoo will be more exciting.

No comments: