Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ready, Set, Ferber!


Well, I am way behind in my posting, but in my defense I have been out of town working. To make up for it I am now posting at work. We started the Ferberizing last week, and I have to say, it was a lot less painful than anticipated. The first night, Benjamin woke up the first time, and had to be comforted 3 times, on the 5 minute, 10 minute, 15 minute schedule. Fortunately for me, Loren had the first shift. On the second shift, I comforted him once after 5 minutes, and he was back to sleep before the 10 minutes were up. The next night he woke up and cried once, but he had stopped before the 10 minutes we needed to wait were up. And that was it. He slept through the night the next night. Slept through the night for 12 hours, mind you. Of course last night he woke up at 4 am inconsolable and wailing and I had to feed him to get him to calm down, but I think he really must have been hungry. He is getting the hang of the sleeping through the night thing very nicely. Clever baby.

2 comments:

wenmei said...

Congrats on the Ferberizing going so smoothly!

Hillary said...

That is so cool! Sooo, did you read a book or just learn about this from other moms?