Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Beastly Baby....


.... kept me up all night last night. Or at least thats what it felt like. Don't be fooled by the sweet picture. That was way back when he was a newborn and could sleep like a champ. Tuesday one of the worst nights we have had. I went to bed at 9:30, because I was exhausted. Before I was actually asleep, he woke me up to eat around 10ish. Ok, thats pretty normal, and he went right back to sleep (I think. Some of these events may not be accurate as my memory is very sleep blurry). Then he woke up at midnight. I should mention here that "awake" is a little bit of an overstatement of what he does at night. He fusses and cries with his eyes closed (I can only imagine he is still asleep), and I pick him up, feed him, burp him, and put him back down, all without his eyes ever opening). So, midnight. I fed him, and put him back down in his bed. Now, this is his latest trick. Instead of staying asleep, per usual, as soon as he touches the bed, he starts wailing. Pick him up, stops instantly. Put him down, wailing. We did a variation of this theme for about 2 hours before he finally went to sleep. It totally sucked. And then he woke up again at 5, ate, and same thing, wouldn't go back down. I finally just brought him back to bed with me. grrr. This had better not be the new trend.

1 comment:

wenmei said...

Ooh, I'm sorry you had such a rough night! Hopefully it's very short-lived. Zachary pulled this trick a few weeks ago too, but it only happened a couple times. Oh wait, it happened last night too. But that's because he just got his shots, so he's allowed one night of crabbiness.