Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sleeping... Part 2


The sleep report, as a follow up to yesterday's post. Last night Benbino woke me up around 1ish to eat. Same routine. I fed him, and put him down, and he started wailing. This time though, I had a new approach. I closed both doors and turned off the monitor, and went right back to sleep. Horrid mother, I know. He kept crying and I woke up 20 minutes or so later, and poked his dad (genius, I know), and said "he's crying, your turn", and went right back to sleep until 5:30, when he woke up again. Loren brought him to me in bed, and I fed him and went back to sleep again, until 7ish. It was lovely. Thanks honey!

4 comments:

Jo said...

It's amazing how such a little person can take over a whole big grown-up bed. Hope his sleep schedule (and yours) balances back out soon!

wenmei said...

That's a GREAT routine! I'm glad it worked for you (if not so much for Loren) and I hope things work themselves out soon!

Also, my word verification for this post makes me laugh. "fpitt". It makes me think of an angry cat.

Loren said...

Now let's clarify a little bit here... When Deborah says that she had the brilliant idea to poke Dad and say that it was his turn and that she went right back to sleep. What sleeping beauty didn't realize is that dad was up with said wailing baby for the next two hours.

He did manage to sleep for a couple of hours after I put him down, but this is a bad pattern. Fortunately last night (Thursday night)was much better.

Hillary said...

Babies! Just when you think they're all good and perfect...they stop sleeping. I'm so glad to hear he was better last night. Although it sounds like Lorenzo definitely took one for the team.
Hopefully tonight he's back on his normal schedule!!! Mama needs her sleep.