Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Surprise!





It was my birthday this weekend, and it was SO MUCH FUN!! I don’t have photos or time to do it justice, but I will give the quick overview. Also, it’s a little off-topic, as it is not really Jamcentric, so bear with me. Or wait until tomorrow, when I will doubtless post something much more Baby Jammy appropriate. Saturday morning, Judith and I had plans for girly high maintenance-ness at U Village. Because of the tragic closure of a la Francaise, we went to Specialties for our chocolate croissants, which is just not the same. Anyway, we are sitting at Specialties enjoying our breakfast treats (its not a la Francaise, but it is still pretty darn tasty), and I looked out the window and thought, geez that looks like Hillary. And Kate. And it was!! Hillary flew in from MT to surprise me! YAY!! Much shrieking and amazement ensued. And then Maija came too, which was great. So we had manis and pedis and brow waxes etc., and Judith and Hillary and I went to Atlas to have breakfast for lunch, which was also great. Mmmm, I love breakfast! Then Hillary and I went home, and vegged for a while, and then went to Title 9 to buy new sports bras (pregnancy and nursing really does a number on your chest). And then she wanted to go to Rosita’s for virgin strawberry margaritas, but not dinner, because she wanted to get Thai food for dinner. And I thought, well geez, isn’t she high maintenance, but since she is pregnant, I will humor her. So then we got home, and there was a surprise party! I was totally surprised, having always been pretty vocal about no surprise parties please. But this was just a small dinner party (so don’t feel bad if you weren’t invited!) with my best girlfriends, and Jammy and my new friend’s Wenmei and Zachary. Oh and they were all allowed to bring boys along with them too. So that was really fun, and involved 2 kinds of dessert, so obviously I was happy about that, and I had 2 glasses of wine, so Jammy was probably all drunk and things. Sunday was my actual birthday, and we went to my parent’s house for the traditional strawberry waffle breakfast, complete with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Mmmmm, this weekend was clearly all about food. And I got a hilarious card from Henry, which I would scan and include here if I were organized, and many lovely gifts. We will be finding out what “Wine Gums” (famous from much British chick lit but very mysterious) are in Palm Springs next week, and I will be trying out all kinds of festive springy fashion. What else happened on Sunday…. We went to REI, I got my hair cut, and then we had an Ocean’s 11 and 13 marathon on the couch, with Pagliacci’s and birthday brownies. It was all very good. Many many thanks to all who participated! You rock! Thirty was a very memorable birthday.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh I am SO glad you had a great birthday weekend!!!!!!!!! It was great to get to be a part of it all (thank you to sneaky Judith for her organizational skills).
Cheers to the next fabulous 30 years, too!

wenmei said...

Happy Birthday! It was fun to join your celebration, and so nice to meet Hillary and Plant Wookie after stalking their blogs. It was also nice to meet Maija (whose name I still pronounce "may-jah" a la Posh Beckham in my head) even though I don't stalk her through the internet. Oh yeah, and all the boys too. :)

Clementine said...

Ok...So I saw the link to Baby Jammy...didn't know who it was...and it was YOU! Now I am going to have to check in more often Ms. D. Sounds like 30 was FAB!