Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Holiday mini break weekend


Well, we are back. Hmpf. 4 days of sunshine was NOT ENOUGH. It was so fantabulous to be in Palm Springs, with the sun, and the pool, and really pure genius to bring along 7 baby sitters and one excellent mother's helper (thanks Madelyn!). I never wanted to leave. But we are back now, in the rain, and the cold, and the dreary dreary Seattle November, or so it would seem. As an antidote to all the gloom, I will be posting a daily sunny vacation photo every day for the next week or so, or until I run out of photos, or until I feel inspired to maybe take some more pictures. This picture happens to be the only one I have at work, so I am starting with it. (yes, I am posting at work. I'll most likely get fired immediately. In which case I am so moving somewhere warmer. So there.) Anyway, here we have me and Jammy on the shady part of the patio, in order to protect his lily white baby complexion. It was quite the triumph that he stayed lily white, as I was petrified of flying home with a cranky sunburned baby. But it all worked out just fine, between the shade, the sunblock and the spf 50 outfits.

2 comments:

wenmei said...

Great picture! You look so happy. If you end up moving to someplace warmer, let me know and we'll follow. :)

Also, thought you should know that after reading the title of this post (specifically the "mini break" part), I read the rest of it with a British accent, like Bridget Jones.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the British accent was implied as we did eat wine gums on our mini break...not as tasty as you might imagine, I'll take smarties any day!