Friday, April 4, 2008

More stuff I want to remember about the boy


Now that the Benbino is a little bigger (almost 5 months old!), he does a few more tricks:


  • He giggles when you tickle him. Its almost a chuckle really. Marnie says he laughs more than any kid she has ever taken care of.

  • If I dial the phone when he is nursing he whips his head around to see what that cool beeping is

  • He can almost roll over from his back to his stomach, but he gets stuck on his side

  • if we are watching tv, and he is facing away from it, he will crane his neck to try to watch, even if it has to be upside down, or to watch the reflection of the tv in the window.

  • he drools and chews on his fists all the time. It gets his clothes soggy all over.

  • yesterday for the first time, I saw him touch the soles of his feet together. It was very yoga-esque.

  • he has some little patches of dry skin on his belly, and he loves it when I put lotion on him

  • When I leave the room he looks around to see where I went

  • If I call and he can hear my voice on the phone or on speaker phone he gets the furrowed brow and looks around for me.

  • he is starting to watch us eat. He was very intent on Loren's noodles last night.

  • He can grab toys and put them in his mouth now. He put both hands on his bottle and almost got in his mouth the other day.

  • He grabs onto my hair and my necklaces very tightly. He has quite the strong grip.

  • He is making all kinds of cool new sounds now. Its kind of like he is playing with his voice on purpose.

  • He loves to stand and to bounce. You have to help him balance of course, but he has super strong chubby little legs.

  • he is getting interested in the other babies at peps now. They lay around and stare at each other with these very big eyes. He might accidentally grab on to another baby's arm or hand, but he doesn't do it on purpose yet.

  • he kind of wiggles when he is on his belly, like he is getting reved up to crawl. I really want him to stay stationary for as long as possible. He is just going to be such a big kid when he crawls, I don't think I can handle it yet.

  • He is getting more and more little pants and overalls outfits and fewer one piece infant ensembles with feet. He looks much more grown up in his little jeans or khakis. Sometimes I have to put his yellow hooded ducky sweatshirt, or his puppy shoes on with those outfits, so he doesn't look too big. The tennis shoes and grey hooded sweatshirt with his jeans make him look like he should be carrying a backpack and riding his bike to class.

3 comments:

Loren said...

Great update! With every bullet point I would remember him doing just that. It made me smile :)

wenmei said...

I love your lists of things to remember. I'll be copy-pasting this one too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.