Friday, April 25, 2008

Grass! Belly! Cookie! Grapefruit!


Here is an excellent vacation photo, and an exciting first for Benjamin! This is Benjamin's first barefoot in the grass! It seems sad that he had to be five months old to learn about grass, but thats what happens to babies born in November in Seattle. Theres not much outdoorsyness possible. But look how much fun he is having, and how his little belly sticks out. I just want to reach into the picture and zerbert it! His lovely Aunt Cookie is ever so thoughtfully helping him stand up. He is good and strong for standing, with those sturdy little thighs, but woah boy, the balance is just not there yet. He is a wobbler. But he seemed to enjoy the grass, and we had a lovely shady tree to sit under. And pick grapefruit from. Which was more of a highlight for me than for Jammy.

1 comment:

wenmei said...

Whenever I see this post, I get Jimmy Buffett's "Grapefruit - Juicy Fruit" song in my head... Thanks a lot. :)