Thursday, April 24, 2008

and so it begins


A small detour from vacation photos, and then we will get back to them tomorrow. A couple of years ago, I remember my friend Heidi being worried about missing her son Miles' first steps because she was at work. And I thought, oh come one, its not like those are the only steps he'll ever take, suck it up. You'll see some other steps. Of course I also remember thinking she was over reacting because she cried from being stressed out about finding child care. (And we all know how that worked out for me. Or maybe you don't. Envision tears, both copious and squirty. Many of them.) Ok, so time to bite my tongue, big time, sorry Heidi! See the photo of the small man in the red and blue stripes, busily devouring his rhino? He looks like a little guy, right? WRONG! Marnie the fabulous nanny took him to the aquarium today, which is great, but makes me sad for all kinds of reasons. First off, I have now missed the first zoo trip and the first aquarium trip. Secondly, I had no idea he was big enough to be interested at all. But he loved it! She said he thought the sea otters were hilarious, and was all excited when they would come by, and was laughing and alert and awake the whole time. He has slept through both zoo trips, so I really don't feel like I missed out much there. But who knew he would even notice anything at the aquarium?? He is so big and grown up! He goes on field trips while I am at work!! I have already started missing out on his big firsts, and I have been back to work for just over 2 months. Sad.

No comments: