Sunday, June 1, 2008

How'd he do that??

So we had an alarming little breakthrough today... I set Benjamin down on his little play mat in our bedroom, and went to the bathroom. So I was gone, I don't know, 60 seconds or less? Here is how I put him down:













And here is where he was when I came back:




Can you say uh-oh? I am so not ready for him to be mobile. Honestly, I have no idea how he did it anyway. I have never seen him do anything resembling crawling. He can scooch around in a circle, and he can roll over. Did he just roll over a bunch of times? Who knows. After that, I put him back on the mat and tried to hide and spy on him, to see what else he does when I'm not watching. Would he dance the hula? Make long distance phone calls? Steal my Ben & Jerry's from the freezer? No, as it turns out, he did not do any of those things. This is what he actually did:

After he rearranged himself again, what with the scooching and the rolling, he spent quite a long time inspecting the construction of the ottoman. Its put together with little wood fastners, not really biscuits, but I'm not sure what you call it. Tongue in groove? Something like that. Anyway, perhaps we have a little carpenter on our hands. More likely he was just trying to figure out how to fit the whole thing in his mouth, but you never know.

2 comments:

wenmei said...

Whoo hoo! Mobile baby! I'm not letting Zachary read this post because I don't want him to get any crazy ideas.

Anonymous said...

Glad I read this one before tomorrow...must be extra vigilant super nanny (as per usual, of course!)