Sunday, June 8, 2008

Big weekend for the little guy

Well this turned out to be quite the big weekend for the Benbino. Not only did we learn about pears (yum!), but he went to his first wedding. Loren's friend Shannon from Gonzaga got married yesterday afternoon, and after much debate, all 3 of us went. It was a lot of fun. The big triumph was no spit up on my dress, which was one of my big concerns. Benjamin was really pretty good, and there were lots of kids there, so that wasa great. He got kinda tired and cranky near the end of the reception, which was fine, because it meant he was a great slow dance partner for me, and then he totally sacked out. Another thing that we tried this weekend was mashed banana. The first time, the boy was getting a little fussy, and I thought he must be hungry, so I tried to feed him. Not so much (see photo). After he nearly fell asleep in the high chair, I decided this might not be the most opportune time to introduce something new, so instead he took a nap. We tried again later, and the bananas were pretty well received. Not as good as the pears mind you, but ok. Next on the agenda is avacados and sweet potatoes.

No comments: