Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Very Sleepy Caterpillar

Benjamin has a new and very endearing trick these days. He sleeps on his stomach now, since he is such a big guy. That in and of itself, not that cute, I know. But now when you put him down in the crib, on his back, if he is a good sleepy baby, he does an immediate flip to his belly, the instant he touches the mattress. And once he is on his belly he does this adorable little caterpillar wiggle, to get in exactly the right spot, or exactly the right position, or exactly the right who knows what. It is so cute. And its very extended. Not just one little wiggle. But wiggle, wiggle, wriggle, wiggle, wriggle. And then he zonks right out. HOWEVER, if you put him down and he does not do the belly flip, he arches his back and loudly voices his disapproval of going to bed. I have to slink out then, and try to ignore the complaints. He usually does stop complaining and fall asleep within 10 minutes or so. Thank goodness. I on the other hand, no longer get to wriggle into exactly the right spot and sleep in extreme comfort. If I get to sleep at all, it is surrounded by children and animals. They are slowly ganging up on me to take over the bed. Not the most restful, actually.

1 comment:

Loren said...

This cracks me up. I know I took it, but laughed harder viewing it than when I saw it in person. You are apparently very cuddly.