Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More photos coming soon!

I have been a very lazy blogger lately. And its not because the boy has been lacking in cute things to commemorate. He has been just as cute as ever! I have just been busy, or something. Among his newer tricks:


  • Waving. He has finally figured this one out! Although he won't do it on command.

  • He has started to rub his belly when he gets near the end of his bottle. It is hilarious. It makes me think of an old man somehow, very satisfied with having eaten a big meal.

  • He does a lip smacking thing sometimes when I am feeding him with a spoon. And not just one lip smack, but a few in a row. Its super cute.

  • He continues to make the best babbling noises. His little baby voice is maybe my favorite thing ever.

  • He can take a few steps on his own, but only if you coach him into it and encourage him. He would still much rather hold hands, even though he needs it less and less for balance.

  • He will eat anything you give him. The newest things he has had include salad and olives. He really liked little smokies. I can't wait to give him pancakes.

  • His hair has developed funny little wings on the sides. It makes him look kind of Einsteiny.

  • He has invented his own system of greeting. For adults and big kids, it is a whack in the face. I think he just wants to pat your face, which is very sweet, but he gets so excited that he ends up more or less slapping you. Its a sign of affection. With other babies, he seems to go straight for the eyes. I haven't figured that one out yet.

  • The new sleep pattern is to go to bed at 7:30, wake up at 5 for a bottle, and then go back down for a couple hours. It is fabulous.

  • He still loves the phone and the remote, they are the best toys ever. Also a big fan of the electric tooth brush. He likes to help me brush my teeth.

  • Peekaboo never seems to get old.

  • Now he is working on opening and closing doors, very entertaining.

  • He loves the hammer, and all things with long handles. Very fascinating.

  • He likes to pull all the books off the shelves and fling them to the floor. He likes to do this with my shoes too.

  • He is still super tickley. He just laughs and laughs. It is so much fun.

  • He is getting a little shy of strangers. He will bury his head in my neck/chest when there is someone new, but in the cutest smiley way, and then he will look up at them again, and rebury his head. And he definitely has a preference for his parents, although its not super strong.

  • He works on his shouting occasionally, its good to know he has a nice strong voice. And I don't mean upset shouting. Just shouting for fun, to make sure everyone can hear him.

  • I still have a hard time getting him to sit still for a book. I think I just need to try harder and more often. He wants to throw them to the floor and then run around mostly. Not much of a sitter-still.

  • He is having fewer bottles and more food. This morning he didn't really drink much from the bottle, but just mooshed it around in his mouth and bit on it a little. I wonder if he is going to be done with that soon. I hope not yet. It is about the only time I get a snuggle.

  • He has clapped, once, and then never again. And I missed it. Oh well. I'm sure there will be more clapping in the future.

I am having so much fun with him, I don't want him to get any bigger or more accomplished. But then I also am really cheering for him to get bigger and more accomplished. Sigh.

1 comment:

Agnishc said...

I'm so jealous - I love lil smokies but no one ever makes them for me...