Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dog walking

Yesterday morning when we took the hound for her walk, it really felt like fall. We had to bundle up in jeans and jacket and SHOES (say good bye, lovely summer sandals). Benjamin was all snuggled into his blanket, and immediately fell asleep. Not that you can blame him, it is very snuggly. Quite the change from Saturday, when I went running (yes thats right, I said running) in capri pants and a tank top, and it seemed like maybe we would have summer for another month. This was my first foray into running with the jogging stroller. On the plus side, my knee felt pretty good, and I feel like I might be able to start actually running again (91 days until the Seattle half marathon! Time to get to work!) . On the minus side, running neighborhood streets with no curb cuts with a stroller is a pain. I think future runs will involve a warm up/cool down walk to and from the lake so as to avoid trying to run through the sidewalk to street changes.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

RUNNING?!?!?!? Rock on, sista! And I want a blanky as cuddly as Benito's!