Monday, February 25, 2008

My Fan Club


I was blow drying my hair this morning (one of the benefits of the 9-6 work schedule is the ability to get up at 6:50 and have time to shower, shave legs and blow dry hair. It feels very glamorous and high maintenance), and when I turned off the blow dryer, I could hear Jammy on the monitor. My first thought was oh &*^%!, he has been crying and I couldn’t hear him. But it turns out he was just happily chatting away with the baby in the mirror. I had time to do make up, brush teeth, and get dressed while the two of them just talked away. So that was great. But the best part was when I went in to get him, and feed him his breakfast. I walked over toward the crib, and he looked over towards me, with his confused/concerned eyebrows on. But, when I got to the crib and leaned over to get him, he broke into this giant surprised happy grin, like he’d just met his blind date for the prom and she turned out to be Cameron Diaz. Its like I have my own fan club. I can’t get enough of that face.
I’m now blatantly stealing photos from Aunt Cookie’s blog, as I just can’t take pictures of him from work. Anyway, this is a similar smile to the one he gave me this morning.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Your post made me smile. I'm sure after all that high-maintenance, glorious getting-ready time, you looked better than Cameron! And your boy is smart enough to know it!!!!