Friday, February 15, 2008

eau de spit up and Cartier




Well, the first week back in the office is all done, and I feel like it was pretty successful. It was an odd combination of worker bee/mom. I was wearing the suit, with the laptop, and the flat ironed hair, but I was running into the phone room to use the pump, and spilling breast milk on my pants etc. The charade continues though, and no one at work seems to have figured out that I am actually a 14 year old masquerading as a competent adult yet, so thats always good. And while I was tired, I never felt like I would fall asleep at my desk, like in the good old first trimester. The various child care arrangements worked out really well, and the only injury the child sustained was on my watch, which figures. He gouged his forehead with one of those razorsharp little daggers he likes to call fingernails, in the night while he was sleeping. I think the resulting head wound just makes him look tough, like maybe a he's pirate. He doesn't seem to bear me any ill will for leaving him all week either. Of course, he still doesn't realize that he can wilfully move his hands around, so he probably won't get to the angst and resentment toward me until sometime in the future, maybe next week.

No comments: