Tuesday, February 12, 2008

its like the first day of school all over again


Yesterday was the dreaded first day back to work. I was kinda nervous about it, but overall, everything went really well. Loren stayed home and watched the Benbino, which was great. He also drove me to work, which saved me hauling the breast pump and my laptop on the bus. It was really weird to be at work for about an hour, and then it was like I never left. I guess thats a good thing? I was definitely ready for a nap by 2:00 though, its a long day to be sitting at a computer and using my brain, especially after getting up at 6. I did manage to make it through without tears or shirt soaking lactation, so I count that as a success. I also got to start one of the books I got for Christmas, Waiting for Birdy, on the bus on the way home. I laughed out loud, its really funny. Not And God Created the Au Pair funny, but really, what is?


Then today was the first day with Marnie the nanny. I was so panicked, running around making sure she knew where everything was, giving last minute instructions, that I forgot to say good bye to the boy. So I stood at the bus stop hyperventilating, trying to decide if I had time to run back and say good bye (no). I was a little disappointed that she didn't have to call me to ask any questions. Talk about not feeling needed. I clearly miss him more than he misses me. Ungrateful little beast. I mean that in the nicest possible way. But everything seemed to go really well, and for that I am supremely grateful.

No comments: