Sunday, February 24, 2008

Drooly McChattypants


I'm realizing that the near daily posting is a thing of my lady of leisure at home past. This whole working mom thing is definitely going to limit my bloggyness. Unless I start actually posting at work, which is a distinct possibility. Anyhoo, the baby Jammy report. This past week the child has turned into a veritable fountain of drool. I want to stick him in the village square and throw pennies at him. Thats how drooly he his. It is of course, completely charming, and he is all soggy smiles and spit bubbles. I have him in the front pack for 30 seconds or so, and it is soaked. I think this is way too early for teething, so I'm just guessing he is a drooly kind of guy. Which is fine with me, I love him no matter what kind of guy he turns out to be.

The other new thing is the expansion of his vocabulary. Where he used to just say "ooh" and "ah" and sometimes "ha ha" now he has added a whole new repertoire of sounds. Sounds that I can't spell however, so you will have to use your imagination. Maybe tomorrow I will try to write some down phonetically. I probably need to figure out how to use the umlaut, and that little backwards french c that hangs down from the bottom of a regular c, and maybe some other fancy foreign accents in order to accomplish it.

What else has been big this week... The cat clawed him last night, while he was sleeping. His very first injury. Can you imagine a worse way to wake up? It was all very sad. The boy had fallen asleep on my lap while we were watching "We Own the Night" (terrible movie, don't bother. Transformers, which we watched on Friday night, was much better). Anyway, the cat was jumping off the arm of the couch onto the floor, and was trying to use the couch seat as a springboard, and somehow misjudged, and put a claw right into Benito's tiny soft foot. He started screaming bloody murder, and his little foot wound even bled a little. He has a tiny scab now. Its very sad.

It was beautiful out this weekend though, and we went on lots of walks in the sunshine, and got to show off the rainbow hat Grandma Anne knitted, to go with his rainbow mittens. He is ridiculously cute in them. He's getting much bigger these days, which you can tell from the car seat photos. The first one is at the hospital, on 11/12, the next one is at 2 months, and the last one was today, 2/24, so 3.5ish months. He has outgrown both the little head supports, and just stays in the right spot on his own now. Soon he'll be borrowing the car and sneaking beers into the basement with his hoodlum friends.

2 comments:

J. Henry Fernstrom said...

I miss him already and can't wait for Wednesday to hear him chatter away!

Hillary said...

He is so BIG! What a cutie.
I'm so glad he's recovered from his cat-foot trauma. Poor dear.
See you SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!