Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Couch S'mores and Idol... a new cultural low, or sheer genius?

Maija came over tonight and watched American Idol with me. Talk about bad tv. It is so worthless, and yet strangely addicting. I was so desparate for dessert snacks, with no ice cream or baked goods to be had, that I invented a brand new treat. Necessity is the mother of invention, yes? They are couch s'mores, and involve graham crackers, frosting, in this instance rainbow chip, (side note - rainbow chip frosting makes me think of Hillary and highschool. It used to be her birthday cake frosting of choice, and I can recall eating it plain, and on one occasion for breakfast in our carpool.) and chocolate chips. All ingredients typically found in my cupboard, yet never combined together so brilliantly. Very excellent, and yet sadly, not only does it seem like my weight loss has stopped, I actually think I am gaining weight again.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Yeah! Homage to the Rainbow Chip frosting!!!!!
Guess what birthday cake Mickey & Gini whipped up this year for me...Cherry Chip with Rainbow Chip Frosting, of course. ONce everyone tried ti, they were addicted to it's greatness. Mwahahahaha!