Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday morning paper

Loren and Benjamin read the paper together this morning, which I think could be the start of a lovely tradition, as it allowed me to sleep in a smidge. And by a smidge, I mean I was up at 6, but then got to go back to bed until 7:30. Which is not really what I like to think of as sleeping in, but I'll take what I can get. Sleep is a precious commodity these days, what with the little dictator deciding he should get up twice a night again. Benjamin's participation in the Sunday paper reading was mainly trying to eat the paper. I'm guessing here, since I was in bed, but I bet I'm not too far off. I'm thinking he also liked its crinkly noises. He is wearing his cute new little Old Navy outfit, one of only 2 clothing purchases I have ever made for him. This, like the first, was necessitated by a very wet oufit during a shopping trip. My mom and I initiated him into the Nordstrom anniversary sale yesterday, and he was quite the excellent shopper, aside from the outfit wetting. You'd think I'd learn and put an extra one in the diaper bag, but maybe I am just looking for an excuse to pick stuff out for him. Also, you can buy a whole baby outfit for $12, which is roughly one tenth of what I can buy a new outfit for.

No comments: