Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Limesicle

Benjamin is not a very good eater yet. And I only say this because the only food he likes is pears, and then only very occasionally. So to encourage the eating, I have been letting him try more new things, and especially things he can feed himself, since he is driven to do all things all by himself, thank you very much. So we were making a little salsa the other day, and I handed him a lime wedge. He was very surprised by the limeyness (see photo 1), and then not quite sure what to make of if (photo 2), but after a few tastes, he totally grooved on the lime (see photo 3) and chewed on it enthusiastically. Things unraveled very quickly when he rubbed his eye with lime hands. Not so good. So then I let the funny guy try some of my banana, which he has tried before. You would think I had tried to poison him. Lots of gagging and spitting out and tortured eyes.




No comments: