Friday, March 14, 2008

Guess who is a total moron?

I admit the title/photo is misleading here, but I didn't have another picture available. In case you were wondering I am the total moron. I am suffering from a severe case of "milk brain" which causes normally intelligent women to become bumbling, nonsense spouting, idiots when breastfeeding. I was at work today, in the little phone room, all set to breast pump. So I turn the pump on, and it starts making its litte whoosh-whoosh sound. And then I look down at my legs and wonder to myself, now why on earth would there be breastmilk squirting onto my jeans? Its because some total GENIUS forgot to attach the bottles to the pumping thingy, and so I was just pumping away, into thin air. Definitely not one of my smarter moments. I had a couple of similar incidents during pregnancy, one of which involved accidentally wearing black and pink teva flip flops to work, and the other calling my sister's cell phone number on a work conference call, on speaker phone. In a conference room full of coworkers. Ah, yes, the sheer joys of complete hormonal imbalance. Milk brain is also manifesting itself in my total lack of word recall. I just stutter and stammer, unable to come up with the right word, and inevitabley say the totally wrong thing. I had a conversation with a coworker yesterday, where I kept asking him if he had borrowed the disposable camera. He had no idea what the heck I was talking about, until he finally translated it into the digital camera. Its a good thing people around here have a sense of humor, and are pretty tolerant of my.... I have no idea what word I am looking for. Its not craziness, although that might apply, and its not inconsistency, although that sort of works too. Absentmindedness? Thickheadedness? Scatterbrain-edness? Well, a prize to the first person to come up with the right word.

2 comments:

Loren said...

Oh dear, sweet wife... I love you!

Hillary said...

I am so in this same boat. I.can't.find.the.right.word. Growl.
Thanks for making me laugh so much this a.m.!
Also, I know how smart you are! You know lots and lots of words!!! In fact, I know you're capable of making up great words!