Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Glamping - who's with me?

Please pardon the diversion from regular topic. This has nothing to do with Benjamin at all, so you might want to skip it. Has anyone else heard of glamping? I just learned about it yesterday from my coworker Lynn, and I am all excited about it. I have in the past said that I wanted to plan a girls camping trip, but I have never actually gotten my act together to do it. So anyway, I am now planning a girls glamping trip, and I am scheduling it in summer 2009, so those of you who are currently pregnant have no excuse for not going. What is glamping, you ask? It is glamorous camping! It is in fact not that glamorous, but involves teepees, and breakfast at the related bed and breakfast. Also, in this case it is in Yakima, and involves wine tasting at the nearby wineries, which one can do via horseback! Isn't that fun? I'm not sure if riding a horse after drinking a lot of wine is really that much smarter than driving after a bunch of wine, but it sounds fun. And I feel sure that a few glasses of wine would give me just the confidence required to return to my horseback riding career after a 19 year hiatus. I think in my trip it may also involve a t-shirt a la girls gone running, but with something clever about wine and camping and horses etc etc. So, all of my lovely blog reading girlfriends are invited, and so are the non blog reading ones, although they probably won't get invited quite so early. Lynn's glamping trip is in May, so I will give a second report on how it goes when she gets back. Her trip is all tri-delts, so ours will be infinitely cooler.

3 comments:

wenmei said...

Count me in! And I'll learn some Tri Delt songs if you think that will make it more authentic (I'm working on "By the Light of the Tri Delt Moon" right now). I love this idea! Horses and wine are a perfect combination. That's exactly how I...er...broke my back in 2003. But that was in the middle of the night, which I'm sure was the critical factor.

I'm not sure if you saw this, but my bachelorette weekend was a similar kind of thing (albeit much less glamorous)...

Hillary said...

I'M THERE! I'M THERE! I'M THERE!
I love this idea..can you tell I'm in need of some girl time?!?!?
And just so you know, I was actually bucked off a horse in front of all my bosses 2 weeks after I started my job. I was not drunk, but became so as quickly as possible afterward...

Anonymous said...

I went "glamping" last summer with my girlfriends and it was SO SO SO great! nothing beats a Four Seasons tent complete with a Butler who delivers coffee and wine right to your tent!
I HIGHLY suggest checking out The Resort at Paws Up in Montana....they have a camp called "Tent City" that is out of this world. The Master Bathroom suite that comes with each tent is to die for...and they are building another beatuful camp this summer call "River Camp" which is smack-dab on the river so you can fall asleep to the sounds of the river passing by. Rates include all your food...super gourmet and you will be stuffed!

easy to fly to Missoula via Salt Lake/Denver/Seattle/Mpls too!