Thursday, March 27, 2008

College Fund


We started the grand old college fund yesterday. There are all these scary websites out there, that calculate how much money you need to save starting today, in order to pay for college in 18 years. Its unbelievable. I mean, its not as much as the nanny, but still. It turns out Jammy's piggy bank is likely not going to be enough. But I am feeling pretty accomplished for having done anything about it at all. Its pretty amazing to think that this little guy, who is years from putting his own socks on, will be in physics and economics someday. Or art history and literature, you know, whatever. As a back up plan, he is enrolled in daily guitar lessons, and we have high hopes that he will be supporting us as a rock star before he ever gets to college.
Two other big things yesterday: 1. I ran Greenlake IN THE SLUSHY SNOW, and 2. I got into the Thursday night Yoga Mamma class! I am very excited about this, as the class had been full and I was on a waiting list.
As you all know, since I am totally fixated, it is my 30th birthday on Sunday. I have big plans to go out to a nice dinner with my husband, having eschewed all party plans. Any great restaurant suggestions? I am stumped at the moment.
PS Check the Aunt Cookie link for a hilarious Benjamin Bunny photo today. Hee hee.

3 comments:

Jo said...

One of my favorites for a little romantic dinner is Marco's Supperclub. When I worked at Anthony's on the Pier all the wait staff would head there after work, because no one is pickier about having great food than folks who work in a restaurant. The dinning room is small and the candle light makes a great setting for intimate conversation.
online reviews of Marco's

wenmei said...

I sent a couple recommendations via email, but I wanted to post here too to say WAY TO GO on running Greenlake again! I've gone running exactly one time since Z was born. I'm super impressed with you!

Hillary said...

You ROCK on the running...and in the slushy, snow, no less!!!
No ideas on dinner, sorry. But have a GRAND birthday!!!!