Sunday, January 20, 2008

A parade of babies, and my boy the super genius



Last night was our childbirth class reunion, which far surpassed my expectations. I guess they must have been pretty low, now that I think about it. But it was actually pretty fun. It was way more interesting than I thought it would be to see everybody elses babies. They did all look really different, and totally confirmed my opinions about the supreme handsomeness of my boy. But it was pretty cool to hear everyone's stories. It made me feel soooo lucky about how well everything went with Benjamin's birth. Several people had emergency c-sections where it sounds like the baby wouldn't have made it otherwise. Scary stuff. But everybody turned out healthy and happy in the end, which is what matters. Also, someone brought the flower shaped sugar cookies that I remembered very fondly from class, which I ate about 4 of, and learned that you can buy them at the Ballard Market. So it was worth it just for that.


The other big news of the day is Benjamin's fantastic sleeping abilities! He slept from either 10:15 or 11:15 last night (ok, my memory sucks. Whatever) until 8:10 this morning. What a champ! And then he ate and went back to sleep until about noon, which actually started to worry me. Does he have the sleeping sickness? Does that actually exist? Or did Harrison Ford make it up? (Its in a line from Sabrina). But obviously I'm not that worried, and if he wanted to do a repeat performance every day from now through kindergarten, that would be fine with me. Clever baby.

No comments: