Thursday, October 9, 2008

This last weekend, Benjamin apparently decided that he was too big to be a baby any longer, and instead he would be an obstinate and obstreporous toddler. This involved taking many more steps in a row, sometimes un-coached, and being increasingly fussier and more demanding. I tried to tell him that his birthday was not for another month, and he needed to calm down and revert to nice babyness, but alas, it was to no avail. He has been such a good natured little guy that it was a little bit of a shock to the system. He spent a lot of the weekend saying "EH! EH!" loudly, which roughly translates into "We are not doing what I want to do. Stop what you are doing this instant and do what I want to do." Lots more grumpy faces than usual. The increase in mobility is pretty fun to watch though. He has been cruising on the dog, which she is very tolerant of, and pushing his little scooter toy thing around. He also used the laundry basket as a push cart, which was fun for him until it hit the dresser and stopped, and then it was very disagreeable

4 comments:

J. Henry Fernstrom said...

A tip: Toddlerhood is the worst stage for any parent, the children find they can use words so if s\he has something s\he doesn't want to eat they'll scream WONT! at the top of their lungs and throw the meal at the wall, or you.

Loren said...

Someday I hope to be as wise as Henry. I know that he has more personal experience with toddlers than I. I will defer to him when I have questions from here on out! Thansk Henry, and be prepared. I am sure to have lots of questions!!!

wenmei said...

Loren, Deborah -- How 'bout we take Jammy and Z over to Henry's and drop them off there until they get past the toddler stage? At least the "yelling while throwing things at you" stage, which Z seems to be close to entering as well.

Anonymous said...

Fight the power, Jammy! We will rise and be triumphant!! Just as soon as I figure out how to walk like you do, I'll be over to plan our take-over.