Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sandboxing


We have a new sandbox! Well, new to us anyway. (thank you craigslist!) It is in our also new play area off the deck. The giant shade making laurel has been removed, and the whole area is now nicely fenced, with a retaining wall in progress. Once we have the ferris wheel and the water slide I will post more photos. Joke. A wading pool is planned though, and eventually maybe some kind of climby swingy thing, but not until next year. I have high hopes that some day I may be able to sit in my lounge chair on the deck, perhaps with an iced beverage and a novel, while Benjamin happily plays by himself in his little play area. Please do not dispell my dreams with your harsh realities, mothers of bigger kids. Let me live with my delusions a little longer. Anyway, Benjamin looooves the sandbox. It is not uncommon for him to wake up in the morning, grab his coat, and stand by the deck door in his pajamas, demanding to go out to the sand box. Funny little guy.

4 comments:

hilltot said...

Ooh, that looks like so much fun! I can't wait to come over to play! Although you'll have to teach me how to play in the sand, b/c I'm still a little wary of it.

BTW, it was really fun to run into you today! I'm sorry I wasn't very conversational, but I was tired and grumpy from being dragged around all morning. Plus, I can't talk, so conversations are limited even on my best days.

Cookie said...

Not dispelling any dreams here...just invite me & the big kids over and we can sit on the deck while they all play together. I find Madelyn to be an exceptional child minder!

(PS to hilltot: no worries...I wasn't feeling particularly conversational either, as what I clearly wanted was for my adults to free me from the stroller so I could run off with my new snake and any old stranger...strollers stink sometimes! Hey, your mom sure looked pretty...maybe she would have let me run free??)

Anonymous said...

CUTE!

Hillary said...

WOW! Lots of good work going on there! And your hair is lovely...I'm using a lot of exclamation points! :)