Wednesday, November 5, 2008

O-BAM-A!

Benjamin was a little sicky last night, which made me miss most of the election night festivities, but I could not let this momentous occasion go by without comment. So let me just say woo-hoo! What I did catch on tv were clips of the crowds in Chicago, and it was so cool to see everyone crying and hugging. The whole thing gave me goosebumps. Benjamin watched a bit too, and I am sure he was soaking in the history in action, in spite of the fever. I am very hopeful that this will be a uniting moment for our country, and that people will really feel like we have a leader, not just a politician. I'm a reminded of the "good old days" when people used to look up to and respect the president. Wouldn't that be a nice sentiment to recapture?

1 comment:

Hillary said...

This is exactly what Richard and I were talking about last night - such a cool feeling. Cheers to new beginnings!!!!!!!!!!!