Thursday, December 18, 2008

O Christmas Tree

We got our Christmas tree last weekend, and we picked it out in record time. We went to support the local boy scout troop selling trees at Safeway, and bought maybe the third tree we looked at. Its usually quite the production of inspecting each tree. Anyway, this year we got a tree that is still probably 7' tall, but it is also very skinny, so it fits much better into the living room. I don't know how we never thought of this before, but it has worked out very well. Anyway, the number of cords and breakable things, and crinkly paper everywhere was very exciting for Jam. Thus far he has broken one yellow dog ornament, and decapitated one angel ornament. I think they can both be resurrected with a little glue. Overall it has been much easier than I anticpated. I had visions of him pulling the tree over on himself (as he did with the fireplace screen a few days ago), but so far, so good.

4 comments:

J. Henry Fernstrom said...

Good thing he didn't help with the lights
-Henry-

Hillary said...

Ah, if he'd helped with the lights, they probably would've turned out better than mine did! :)
He is so adorable and into it - I can't wait to Em to do the same!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute helping with the tree. He likes to examine it with me.

Agnishc said...

I can't believe what a little man he is becoming...I think I was wearing the same outfit 3 days ago.

Hope you guys are surviving the snow...